Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The holiday's are here....


…And with the holidays come the sweets. At work there are baskets of goodies on a daily basis. At home, I’m forced to make treats for a cookie exchange with my friends. My dad has a huge sweet tooth there is always ice cream in the freezer and m&m’s in the pantry, so when I went home for thanksgiving this year I had to make him something. After much searching I settled on a recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge….it’s amazing.



I think the secret ingredient here has to be the Marshmallow fluff! I don’t think I’ve had marshmallow fluff since I was 11 and my Aunt Margaret made me my first Fluffernutter sandwich. The fluff makes the fudge much creamier than normal fudge. This stuff is addictive; you can’t have just one piece. The trend at our house over the thanksgiving weekend was to grab a piece every time you walked through the kitchen.





This a pretty easy recipe, and what i liked most is that I had all the ingredients except for the fluff.

Peanut Butter Fudge
-2 cups granulated sugar
-2/3 cup milk
-1 cup fluff
-1 cup peanut butter creamy or chunky (i used creamy)
-1 teaspoon Vanilla extract

Boil sugar and milk in a medium saucepan until soft ball stage, or about 236 degrees on a candy thermometer.


Once it reaches about 236 degrees, remove it from heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients.


Pour fudge into greased 8x8 pan (i used a round pan) and chill.  I let it chill about an hour before cutting.




2 comments:

  1. I'd eat it!!! And, more than just one everytime I walked by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are helpful!

    ReplyDelete